San Mateo capital has already identified and begun due diligence on its first set of quantum computing portfolio targets.
San Mateo Capital Seed Fund Targets
- A leading quantum computing software company building the next interface to quantum computing hardware platforms.
- A quantum computing hardware company with early traction, focusing on using photons as a base source of quanta.
- Quantum computing focused training/staffing company with unique and rapid online training programs, this company will lead the charge in ensuring that members of the US workforce are trained in QC and deployed in the field.
- Quantum computing security company which helping to secure to standard and quantum computers against cyberattacks.
- A quantum computing hardware and software company developing software to generate, optimize, and execute quantum circuits.
There are many other companies in the pipeline, but the above are advanced enough in discussions to consider funding.